Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The mirror

The darkness begins to set in

The blinds begin to unfurl

As I am left to myself

Abandoned by all those who term themselves my friends.

The value of the light of friendship goes unappreciated

Repent does everyone when

They begin to fear.

Fear… fear… what do people fear

I fear fear,

Every man fears what he does not understand,

I fear the darkness.

Death is the light at the end

Of a dark road.

But I cannot wait for death,

Plodding along the darkness inside of me,

I have lost sight of myself,

Become numb.

Thick is the darkness, too thick

To be penetrated by any external light.

I want to be an outsider to myself

And then judge myself,

Not be one who passes judgment on himself without observing him and

Understanding what he feels

A mirror would be the best gift I can get.

Not any mirror, but one that

Is illuminated by a light

The light of realization

I want to look at myself in the mirror in the darkness.

2 comments:

Svati Maddur said...

"Death is the light at the end Of a dark road"
"I want to look at myself in the mirror in the darkness"

just amazing i must say. often we tend 2 pass judgements about things and people without really looking into it. this is one of the biggest flaws in us, beings.

Boomer said...

we are born alone and we die alone... frienship is only temporary.. do not burden urself with it !